Walking 1000 miles from Lands end to John O'Groats in aid of The Air Ambulance (starts april 7th 2024)

Tuesday 24 May 2011

More gear!

OK the walk may be postponed but the show (and tell) goes on!
Have found and bought the best value (£120) bivi tent I've ever seen, made by  Vaude and imaginatively named "the bivi tent" it weighs in at a minuscule 0.91 kilos! And is single skin goretex its designed to be four season too! (according to the pamphlet) tho it could easily get buried in a small snow drift!
All the kit I carried on lejog fits in and tonight I'm going to see if one man and his dog can comfortably nest down for the night.
I can't imagine a tent that could be better for discreet wild camping, it would pitch anywhere!
OK it looks like a green coffin! But during my brief test today it proved comfortable, as a bonus you can open a slot under the hood (?) where you could warmly observe the nights sky and or breath if it gets stuffy!
Looking forward to trying this out! Will let you know how it goes!



1 comment:

  1. Great blog, will bookmark you and check back regular. Please feel free to take a look at my blog...New Build Planning Permission

    ReplyDelete