Walking 1000 miles from Lands end to John O'Groats in aid of The Air Ambulance (starts april 7th 2024)

Tuesday 12 May 2015

Day 54 Wednesday 1st October

My expensive bed for the night hasn't  helped , I've tossed and turned all night and been running a temperature!!! i'm utterly exhausted.

I've paid for a breakfast so i'll eat it and hope

The cheery staff at the pub rally around and encourage me to keep going.....many thanks for that!!

The weather doesn't help, its raining ......i'm cold......i'm not happy......at Waterton i head in a more southerly direction to Cranford my pace is pitifull.

I stop at the next village a place called Woolfardisworthy, i sit and make a decision.

I'm stopping the walk.

I've over a hundred miles to walk and and the thought of continuing for another one mile is too much, if i carry on i'm likely to collapse.....

this walk has to be enjoyed!!

I ask at a village shop for directions to a bus stop for Bideford/Barnstaple its it right where i am!!!

by 6pm i'm home and glad of the horribly tough decision I'd made !

this walk is not over by any means!!


No comments:

Post a Comment