Walking 1000 miles from Lands end to John O'Groats in aid of The Air Ambulance (starts april 7th 2024)

Sunday 14 September 2014

Day-38 into Wales

My pitch high on Brandon point was a good choice as the Dee valley is thick with mist this morning, meaning my tent is only slightly damp and not soaked this morning.
Away and after no more than a few hundred meters I cross into Flintshire and Wales my third country this walk, passing by the Sealand mod firing range before entering an industrial estate, luck on my side again there's a burger wagon on my route, tea and breakfast roll latest one again free! Thank you Sizzlers!
Happily carrying on I pass a very empty looking Toyota factory, where security felt the need to check out this walker! A quick wave and they were on their way tho.
The cycle track I'm following runs parallel with the wirral railway and over the Dee into Shotton, quickly through I'm away onto footpaths to Buckley where chicken and chips for lunch, also getting provisions in for my rest day tomorrow.
South west out of town my route turns from twisty B roads to confusing footpaths and consequently back to little B road's to make the end of the day a little easier, a final byway that was in use for upgrading electricity pylons and I'm at my restday spot at Allt Gymbyd caravan park... Sadly both the bar and shop were closed but such is life I've got just enough food to get me to Llangollen on Sunday morning if I eat up some of the odds of food that have been gathering in rucksack... Will definitely make the pack lighter!

No comments:

Post a Comment